There are various ways to be married in Petit Lafitte, here we describe them:
A legal ceremony is performed by a local, municipal judge in Spanish only. Blood tests are required in Mexico along with 4 witnesses with proper documentation (passport & tourist card). Both the witnesses and the couple must be in Mexico 6 business days prior to the wedding ceremony.
A symbolic religious ceremony can be performed by a local clergyman in either Spanish or English. The minister will supply a marriage certificate from his church. (Catholic priests will not perform marriages outside the church.)
The bridal couple can create their own vows/ceremony to be performed by an individual designated by them. (Deduct $450 USD from the package price for this option.)
The site is on our beautiful white sand beach with the turquoise waters of the Caribbean as the background. A variety of options for arches, or altars is available for you to choose from. (ask your coordinator). Tiki torches help provide romantic lighting for sunset ceremonies. Seating (up to 60 chairs with covers and ribbons for family members and a microphone is provided.
- 1 bridal bouquet
- 2 smaller bouquets (bridesmaids, mothers or flower girls)
- 1 groom’s boutonniere
- 2 smaller boutonnieres (groomsmen, fathers, or ring bearers)
- 1 floral centerpiece
* NOTE: Imported, exotic flowers such as orchids are not included in the package, but are available with an extra cost ( Ask your coordinator for options).
- 90 Minutes of live music is included with a choice of one of three styles:
- Mexican Trio playing traditional Mexican music
- Mexican Quartet for a festive ambience
- Violin and guitar for nice background music
- A nicely decorated wedding cake to serve all of your guests
- Relaxing massages (50 min.) for the couple prior to the big event
- Special Coco Locos for the bride and the groom
- On-site Wedding Coordinator
- A personal assistant to handle all aspects of your destination wedding details.
- Cocktail hour is in the area around the pool and poolside bar (drinks are not included). The musicians will provide a nice ambience while your guests chat and mingle.
- Later, the festivities will move on to the main dining restaurant “El Fogón del Capitan.” This is the area where all guests of the resort have dinner each evening. A special seating area and décor will be provided for the wedding party. The meal will consist of the menu of the day.
- The nightly room rate includes breakfast and dinner; therefore the cost of the evening’s dinner is already included in your guests’ room rate.
- A beach setting for dinner is available for larger groups at an additional cost. This beach setup makes a wonderful dinnertime experience.
- When the group has confirmed room reservations in excess of 60 room nights at the Hotel Petit Lafitte, the rental price of the beach dining area is greatly reduced.
With 60 room nights dinner on the beach is $500 USD
Without 60 room nights the evening is $4,000 USD
The dinner for this option is a buffet style menu and is set up after the ceremony. There are various menu options available, and your wedding coordinator will supply those details at your request.
- Dinner Buffet: $40 USD per PERSON (For your wedding guests not staying at Petit Lafitte)
- Appetizers for the cocktail hour
- Hors D’oeuvres: a platter of 40 pieces (please see options) $80 USD
- Domestic open bar for 3 hours $35 USD per person
- Photographer and Videographer:
- There are some options available. Please ask your wedding coordinator.
- Extra Flowers:
- Bouquets $60 USD each
- Boutonnieres $25 USD each
- Corsages $30 USD each
- Table centerpieces $60 USD each
- Rose petals (big bag) $12 USD each
- Additional hour for “Wedding Package Music” $400 USD/set
- Mariachi Band $500 USD/set
- DJ for 4 hours (including tent) $850 USD
- Contact the wedding coordinator by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- A $500 USD non-refundable deposit is required to reserve the date of your wedding. This deposit is applied to the final balance due 30 days prior to the event.
- Petit Lafitte accommodates wedding ceremonies only between May 1st and December 10th. (Excluding the periods Nov 15 – 30).
- The Hotel Petit Lafitte only offers wedding services for their Hotel guests.
- Wedding activities cannot continue past 11:30 p.m. on the resort grounds.
- A 15% coordination fee will be added to the total cost of your wedding.
- Prices are in U.S. dollars and are subject to change without notice.
- The price of this package is valid through Decembre 10, 2012.